Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Leggo Mjolnir, por favor s'il vous plait!, or: Civil War, Swingin' Seventies Style!

Fantastic Four #536 (2006):
FF #536


Thor #183 (1970):
Thor #183


I guess this must be why I looked at FF #536 this week and thought "Been there, done that."

And just for fun, sometimes I like to pretend Thor and Doctor Doom, the two best trash-talkin' pontificators in the Marvel Universe, are spouting their usual wordy proclamations...in Spanish French! [EDIT: Ooh la la! "Anonymous" in the comments points out my foolish mistake: That's French, not Spanish!]

El Thorro


(Well, for one thing, Doctor Doom has a more cheerful interior decorator in his Spanish French estate.)

4 comments:

Marc Burkhardt said...

The best thing about old-school Thor is that he even launches into a soliloquy while he's getting blasted in the face!

That takes concentration!!

Anonymous said...

Thor can even keep up the narration while Blastaar, um, Blastaars him, I guess, in the groin. (The cover of Thor #270, my first Thor comic!)
Anyway, I liked the preview for the next FF issue. Reed and Sue seem genuinely curious/interested how Doom got out of hell, which is very polite of them; and apparently, Doom punched his way out of hell. (Which makes more sense than Superboy punching Jason Todd back to life...)

Anonymous said...

The "Spanish" cover is a french one, indeed.

It's written, at top left, "le fils d'odin", the french translation of odin's Son.

Bully said...

Golly. Tu est correct, Anon. i couldn't read the "le fils d'Odin," but I shoulda recognized "contre." Merci!