Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Just a girl in a t-shirt/Her reputation precedes her

Kevin Church and Benjamin Birdie must surely think me the most blasé and ungrateful bull that ever put hooves to a comic book blog, because it's just over one week since they posted a beautiful and wonderful homage to yours little stuffed truly as worn by my favorite character in April 16th's installment of their webcomic The Rack, the thing of beauty and a joy forever. And altho' I'm a faithful Rack reader, a busy busy 4/16 kept me from checkin' it that day, and I've only just discovered it. But I'm so totally chuffed, gobsmacked, and golly-whillickered that I can't believe it. Me! A comic strip character! Now I can finally lift my head up with pride when Moon Mullins pokes fun at me when I run into him at the grocery store. Seriously, Misters Church and Birdie, you are tops in my book. Thank you so very much for the lovely and eloquent tribute in a strip about projectile vomiting.

"Thank you very much" also to Bill D. at Trusty Plinko Stick who, inspired by The Rack, suggests a t-shirt design you should all be wearing at San Diego Comic-Con this year. I'll be looking for Bill to give him a big fuzzy hug, and also for all of you to make sure that you're wearing yours. I'm Bully, and I support the statement on that t-shirt 100%.

Sniff. You made my little stuffed day, all of ya. In the words of Albert Finney: Thank you very much, thank you very much, that's the nicest thing that anyone's ever done for me. And he should know: he was Hercule Poirot.


6 comments:

Sleestak said...

Bully, you need to pose for more photos we can use.

The League said...

I beg of you... this must go on CafePress.

Bill D. said...

Like I said over on my blog, I'm pleased you like it, Bully! Now I just have to figure out how to actually make it a t-shirt.

The League said...

CafePress is free to use! Just upload the pic and apply to as many items as you like.

SallyP said...

Bully, that is one of the best t-shirts I've ever seen! It captures the quintessential "You!"

I want one.

Bill D. said...

I responded to your question over in my comments section, but the short answer is "sure!" Maybe send me an email (prufrock30 at hotmail dot com)?