Sunday, July 29, 2007

San Diego Comic-Con Day 4: The Clouds Above

SDCC Sold Out logoOwie. My hooves hurt. Conventional wisdom tells us that Sunday is the slowest day of San Diego Comic-Con, but like Tony Stark, this year the Con answers to no man and obeys no human rules, because it certainly appears that Sunday is as busy, and at times, even busier than Saturday. Seriously, the crowds never never never stop, and on a quick foray out of the Norton booth it's like trying to roller-blade through molasses to get from aisle to aisle. (Mmmm, molasses.)

Miss Jenn and I are kept hopping in the Norton booth for most of the day but it's nice to have each other to take shifts and breaks. Jenn was able to meet and get autographs from the Fables team, which put her on Cloud Nine, but Cloud Ten awaited when she was at last able to meet Warren Ellis (by just walking up to him in the Avatar booth) and got her favorite issues of Nextwave signed. She came virtually skipping back to the booth with a gloriously delirious grin and a glowing happy light, and if that isn't a wonderful way to wrap up her very first Comic-Con, I don't know what is.

My personal high point? Well, despite the Bully change purse being slightly light on dimes, I splurged for one final but very vital purchase at booth selling original art and bought myself a page of Peter Snejberg art from one of the "Grand Guignol" issues of Starman: my favorite storyline in my favorite superhero comic book, ever:
I bought a piece of "Starman" original art by Peter Snejberg


Gorgeous. I’m so happy! As far as clouds go, I'm on Cloud Eleven after this. I will get it framed nicely and hang it on my wall and always remember this Comic-Con.

But was it busy today? It was busy. How busy was it?:

Busy busy
Busy busy busy
Busy busy busy busy There is a long line to buy comics
There is a long line to get lunch

But luckily, there are plenty of new friends to make:
So many new stuffed friends!


That's about it, really. We sold a lot of books today, saw some more friends old and new, shook many hooves, had a lot of laughs, and now we're about to wrap up and pack away the books and take down the posters, so I'd better get going. But for those of you hankering for more news, announcements, analysis and jus' plain personal memories of San Diego Comic Con, I highly recommend you check out some of my fave blogs covering the Prom: The Beat, Blog@Newsarama, and Comics Should Be Good!. I won't even attempt to do a more complete round-up of the others blogs and sites reporting on the Con, A) because I'm exhausted and my little hooves ache and burn, but mostly B) because Tom Spurgeon is certain to do another of his wonderful thorough "Collective Memory" round-ups over at The Comics Reporter.

So, that's that from San Diego Comic-Con. I feel like I'm forgetting something, though...something I was looking for and haven't found yet...


2 comments:

Isaac said...

I'm totally envious of that Starman page. That's some seriously nice inking, and a really spooky moment. Well shopped-for!

Derek said...

I don't think you should be hanging out with those boys, Bully.

They look like a bad influence.