Sunday, July 22, 2007

See you in San Diego!

I'm currently packing my little wheeled suitcase with all the outfits and stuff I need for a week away from Brooklyn...yes, that's right, folks, it's that time of year again: I'm off on Tuesday to beautiful sunny sopapilla-filled San Diego for the 2007 Comic-Con International! I'm bringing my want lists and my camera and my sensible shoes to walk the starship-sized floor, and I'm also bringing my little bull-sized laptop, so I hope to have reports and photos for you right here, every night from the show!

As last year, however, my reports will be mainly stationary: I'm going there to work, so I'll be tied to my booth for much of the show and will be reporting on the sights and scenes that pass by row 1700 of the show like a carnival parade. However, this year I'll also get some chances to wander out of the booth, because in addition to my best pal and ace Bully-wrangler John, we're also bringing along the delightful Miss Jenn who will be bringing her usual expertise and enthusiasm to the show! Also, she's a big comic book fan too, and frequently stumps little stuffed me on trivia questions. You're really really smart, Miss Jenn!



So, if you're going to be at the show, why not drop by and shake my hoof? I'd be deelighted to meet you! I'm going to be based much of the show in the W. W. Norton booth, booth number 1714, adjacent to our good pals at Fantagraphics and once again across the way from the pleasant Mr. Jim Balent and his frighteningly pneumatic heroines. C'mon by and see and buy (at discounted Con prices!) our fine graphic novels, movie tie-in books, and street art surveys, plus a few surprises! If you don't see me hopping about on the tables replenishing books and pointing you to the fine new editions of Will Eisner, don't panic! Just go up to the big guy in the Hawaiian shirt (that'll be John), grab him by his lapels and say "I want to meet Bully!" If he's not there, the delightful Miss Jenn will be around and will be glad to tell you when we'll be back in the booth. You may also see me at some panels: I 'specially want to go to Saturday morning's "Meet the Press: Writing About Comics" to see many of my favorite comics journalists and bloggers up on the podium. So if you spot me there sitting on John's shoulder hopping up and down to get a good look, well, just come up to me and say "So you must be the famous Bully!"

If you're not going to go, well, I salute your fortitude and self-control in staying home and relaxing instead of trying to hustle through the packed crowds. It can be overwhelming. But if you are gonna be there, see you there!


No comments: