Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Something's coming over me/I'm so dizzy I can't see

It’s a wonderful but frantic day, so what better way to celebrate it than with the wonderful and frantic Miss Jane Wiedlin? (little stuffed heartbeat pounding)


"Rush Hour" by Jane Wiedlin (EMI-Manhattan, 1988), written by Jane Wiedlin and Peter Rafelson


"Cool Places" by Sparks feat. Jane Wiedlin (Atlantic, 1983), written by Ron Mael and Russell Mael


"Blue Kiss" by Jane Wiedlin (I.R.S. Records, 1985), written by Jane Wiedlin and Randell Kirsch


"Inside a Dream" by Jane Wiedlin (EMI-Manhattan, 1988), written by Jane Wiedlin and Gardner Cole




"World on Fire" by Jane Wiedlin (EMI-Manhattan, 1990), written by Jane Wiedlin, Scott Cutler, Terry Hall, and Valerie Block

"Our Lips Are Sealed" by The Go-Go's (1981), written by Jane Wiedlin and Terry Hall

5 comments:

Baal said...

You are a god. I was just insisting to a friend that he was mistaking Belinda's mass popularity for meaning she was the most talented Go Go. Your post proves I was right that Jane was teh actual best Go Go even if she didn't soar to Belinda level heights.

Bill D. said...

I search YouTube sporadically for Jane's "World on Fire" video, but it's never anywhere to be found, darn it!

Anonymous said...

Anyone who prefers Belinda to Jane should be shot into the sun. Jane's got that great, cute energy and her songs are so danceable.

Novice said...

I take mild offense to that. My husband prefers Belinda to Jane but that is because when faced with two attractive women, he will always choose the redhead.

He likes redheads. Lots.

Mr. Karswell said...

Sparks is in my top 5 favorite bands of all time so this was a nice re-visit. Thanks!