Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Off to the Con!

Some call it nirvana. Others call it Nerd Prom. I call it a lot of hard work and a lot of fun. Also, a great place to meet friends, creators, buy cool stuff, go to nifty panels, eat great Mexican food, spend a lotta money, and dress up like your favorite fictional character. Like Christmas, it only happens once a year, but with lots more Stormtroopers: San Diego Comic-Con International 2008!

Getting there can be half the fun


I've packed my bags and I'm ready to go...I'm leaving on a jet plane for San Diego, the city so nice they named it San Diego (meaning: "cauldron full of fanboys"), for this year's exhilarating and exhausting San Diego Comic-Con. As usual, I'll be reporting from the floor in this very blog, so keep your browsers and your eyes open to experience all of my wacky west-coast adventures: checking off new purchases on my collectible toy want list...

Toys toys everywhere!


...getting some fabulous back issues...

Do you have "Marvel Team-Up" #76?


Or, maybe just buying that one special comic...

John said he would buy me one and ONLY ONE comic book at the show. So, this one.


...and of course, stormtroopers, stormtroopers, stormtroopers everywhere!



And of course



So, if you're going to be at the show, why not drop by and shake my hoof? I'd be deelighted to meet you! I'm going to be based much of the show in the W. W. Norton booth, booth number 1714, adjacent to our good pals at Fantagraphics and once again across the way from the pleasant Mr. Jim Balent and his frighteningly pneumatic heroines. C'mon by and see and buy (at discounted Con prices!) our fine graphic novels, movie tie-in books, and street art surveys, plus a few surprises! If you don't see me hopping about on the tables replenishing books and pointing you to the fine new editions of Will Eisner, don't panic! Just go up to the big guy in the Hawaiian shirt (that'll be John), grab him by his lapels and say "I want to meet Bully!" If he's not there, the delightful Miss Jenn will be around and will be glad to tell you when we'll be back in the booth.

If you're not going to go, well, I salute your fortitude and self-control in staying home and relaxing instead of trying to hustle through the packed crowds. It can be overwhelming. But if you are gonna be there, see you there!


2 comments:

Heather said...

Yay Bully! Enjoy Comiccon and I'll be awaiting your reports... Oh, and I love your backpack to haul home all those purchases!

Phillip said...

I'll see ya there! Also, So I Married An Axe Murderer FTW!