Wednesday, August 05, 2009

I'm just a Peeping Tom on my own for far too long, problems with the booze, nothing left to lose

In the Marvel Universe, we've got The Watcher, who keeps an eye on matters of humanity at all times. But who do they have watching them over in the DC Universe? Why, that's an easy answer, because as we all know...

Darkseid likes to watch.


New Gods #4


Say, whaddaya think old Helmet-Head there is peeping in on through the window, anyway?:

Angel Love #1


So, what do ya think about seeing that, Darkseid?

Hunger Dogs
Hunger Dogs


Well, that'll teach ya, Stoneface.


Panels are from The New Gods #4, Angel Love #1, and The Hunger Dogs.


2 comments:

Phillip said...

I think the whole comics blogosphere is conspiring to get me to read Angel Love. Admit it, you guys've cornered the market, and now you'll cash in by selling the book at inflated prices on ebay!

Servo said...

The first Darkseid panel seems very Giffenesque in design - I keep expecting to see Ambush Bug in the background.

Is anyone else getting the "post-sex" dressing sequence (so common on 60's TV) from that Angel Love panel. Or was that the whole point that I just missed.

Of course, I always thought Angel Love was some sort 80's Bettie Boop revision, so the whole thing just weirded me out.