Thursday, October 01, 2009

Our cat/Is a very very very fine cat/With two c...uh oh.

This is me and my kittycat Gus. Say hi to the nice blog-reading people, Gus!

Me and my kittycat Gus on her 19th birthday


Today is Gus's birthday, so please join me in wishing her a Happy Birthday! Today she is nineteen years old. Which is a very good age to be. That's also quite elderly for a cat! In human years she is...let's see...carry the seven...one thousand and thirty-three years old. Which is almost as old as Vandal Savage. I very much like taking care of Gus and opening her canned food and brushing her and feeding her snacks. I am not as keen on cleaning her litter box, but hey! You have to take care of your kittycat. I scoop the poop and put it in bags. When I run out of bags I sometimes grab a Mylar comics bag to scoop her poop into. But I wonder...am I supposed to put a backing board in there, too?

To celebrate her birthday, here's one of Gus's favorite cool cats, Mister Carl Perkins, giving us the musical sartorial suggestion to "Put Your Cat Clothes On." I'll go get into my cat outfit immediately! Take it away, C.P.!:



So, in short: Happy Birthday, Gus!


6 comments:

Eden said...

Happy birthday, Gus! You are a good kitty, even if you yowl like no one ever feeds you. But even that is kind of cute.

wheelmaker said...

Wow, happy birthday to Gus!

Elayne said...

Wow, 19! That beats my Datsa by two years! It's so great to hear about older healthy cats! Happy belated birthday, Gus!

bitterandrew said...

Happy birthday, Gus!

Michael Jones said...

Our cat, Chili, lived to be over 25! I hope Gus can beat that!

Evan Waters said...

Happy birthday Gus!