Friday, July 02, 2010

In Her Satin Tights

Oh no! They are changing Wonder Woman's costume! NOOOOOOOOOOO! To this!:

Wonder Woman

They can't do that! They're gonna ruin the character! What's up with that? She needs to stay in the original costume we first saw her in!:

Wonder Woman

I'm telling you, Mister DiDio, nobody wants to see your souped-up remake costume that just simply is not Wonder Woman! We know what Wonder Woman looks like, and anybody who's anybody will tell you she must look like this!:

Wonder Woman

Wonder WomanSo be sure to boycott DC Comics until they change the travesty that is the "new" Wonder Woman back into the traditional, original, and still the best Wondy costume of them all...the real Wonder Woman! That's right, I'm calling boycott! I think all of us should not buy any DC Comics at all ever again, until the next issue of Batman and Robin comes out. But aside from buying most of the Green Lantern spin-offs and okay, that story where Superman is walking across America, don't buy any DC Comics! Oh, and The Return of Bruce Wayne. Other than that, boycott all DC Comics. Oh wait, there's some good ones coming up from Vertigo.

On this patriotic weekend, won't you please take a moment from your busy schedule of barbecuing and playing with fireworks and blowing your fingers off to remember that Wonder Woman is an icon, not a commercial commodity, and no one has the right to change her looks or give her a new origin! In fact, if there's a new Wonder Woman movie coming out, who better than the original television Wonder Woman to play Diana's mom, the beautiful Amazon Hippolyta, than the Wonder Woman we all remember from that TV movie, right?

Wonder Woman

So get with it, DC, and bring back the only Wonder Woman who matters...after all, she's the real Wonder Woman as seen in the comics!:

Wonder Woman

Sigh. Well, you know what...I guess it's okay if they change Wonder Woman's outfit. I guess I could learn to live with a new look. But I'm telling you...I really mean this...they'd better not change the original Captain America costume that we all know and love:

Captain America

That's right, I'm looking at you, Marvel. Don't even think about changing this iconic look!

Captain America


Let's not even talk about how much they've changed Batman's look from the original.

Na na na na na na na na...BATMAN!

2 comments:

Marc Burkhardt said...

The sad part is that I watched all these tv shows and movie serials as a kid ...

The Batman & Robin still is a good argument for why super-hero costumes don't really work outside of the printed page.

SallyP said...

I DID see that Wonder Woman movie! Missed the Capt. America one though.

I do have to admit, that if I saw THIS Batman jumping out at me from the shadows, my first impulse would be to laugh. Probably NOT the reaction that he's going for.