Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Today's the day the little stuffed bulls have their picnic

As you may be aware (and why wouldn't you?), last week was my birthday and I turned six Which is a very good age to be. I heartily recommend having birthdays. My birthday celebrations got spread out over the long weekend, and I'm sorry you couldn't all be there! So here's the next best thing...I'll force you to read all about them! (Don't worry, comics content tomorrow...but bull birthday tonight!)


We had my birthday dinner at a lovely Italian restaurant in Park Slope that I like to call La Di Da. That is not its name, nor does Diane Keaton work here. We can only wish.
Hi! welcome to my birthday dinner at La Di Da!



Let's check the menu! Mmmm, good stuff! Also, because it's my birthday...the prices don't matter! I will have steak stuffed with lobster stuffed with pancakes, please.
Let's check the menu. Mmm, good stuff!



At Al Di La, the bread is fantastic, but don't fill up on bread! That's how they get you.
Don't fill up on bread. That's how they get you!



For an appetizer, here are marinated and grilled sardines! I think they are from Sardinia freshly this morning. I bet my fish-lovin' otter pal Shelly wishes she was here! Well, I'll take her home a sardiny bag.
A sardine appetizer! I bet Shelly wishes she was here.



Finally my yummy main course arrived. Cheesy macaroni with peas and mint! It was yum-licious. I would like a breakfast cereal with the same flavors, please.
I had cheesy ravioli with peas and mint! It was yum-licious.



And so we bid farewell to the lovely Al Di La. After dinner we tried to go to the little gift ship Scaredy Kat, but it was closed for the evening. Oh no! No birthday gifts for me from there. (sniffle)
We were going to go to Scaredy Cat but it was closed



At the supermarket, I reminded John and Randi of essential supplies for a sixth birthday.
Hey, don't forget--we need one of these!



The next day, we had a birthday picnic in Brooklyn's Prospect Park! I got to invite my sister Marshall and Shelly the Little Otter Puppet. I was under the understanding that you get as many guests as it is yoru birthday, so I shoulda had six guests. I can't wait until I'm seventy-three!
Hi everybody! Today we are having...a PICNIC! tee hee



What's in the picnic basket? What's in the picnic basket?
What's in the picnic basket? What's in the picnic basket?



It's a hot day, so I hug a cold soft drink. Also, I'd like to buy the world one of these. Or, if they prefer, a root beer. Just give me your order before I go to the store because I'm not goin' twice.
On a hot summer day I like hugging a cold soft drink.



My sister Marshall is a vegetarian but even she enjoys a tiny, cold and frost Coca-Cola. Please do not tell her I put ham gravy in hers.
Marshall is a vegetarian but even she enjoys a tiny Coke. Please do not tell her I put gravy in it.



Part of my birthday gift was some British food from Myers of Keswick in Manhattan! Wow, British potato crisps! (Don't call them chips; the Queen will fly into New York and bop you with her purse. And she's got a corgi in there.)
Wow, I got a whole buncha British crisps!



Of course Shelly wanted the prawn-flavored ones.
Of course Shelly wanted the prawn-flavoured one.



What's this? Candy? Hold on, candy, I can almost reach you! I'm coming, stay right there!
There's CANDY in here! Hold on, I can almost reach it...



I'm the Uncle Scrooge of British Candy...I like to swim in it like a dolphin, burrow in it like a gopher. Then I like to throw it up and let it rain down on my head. Then, I eat it.
I'm covered in British candy, whee!



Gifts! I got lotsa cool gifts. First I got the greatest toy in the world—a little electronic machine that makes sound effect noises. RING! TOOT! CLANK!
I got a little electronic machine that makes sound effect noises!



BURP! SPRING! Ha ha ha! I love this gift! CRASH
"BURPPPPP!" Hee hee hee! I love this gift! "CRASH!!!!!"



I'm gonna make fart noises all night long!
I'm gonna make fart noises all day long!



I also got Ching He Huang's Chinese Food Made Easy cookbook! Hooray! In no time at all I'll be making delicious Chinese dishes and giving them to the guys who work construction on our street and the announcer at the local race track. (I love watching Ching He Huang's cookery show!)
Hooray! I got Ching He Huang's Chinese cookbook!



Wow, it's full of yummy food and easy-to-follow recipes! I can make that. Also, I can eat it.
It's full of yummy food! I can make that! Also, eat it.



Shelly enjoys looking at the fish recipes. A little too much.
Shelly enjoys looking at the fish recipes. A little too much.



But I don't think is is scratch 'n' sniff, Shelly!
But I don't think it IS scratch n' sniff, Shelly



How cow oh wow it's The Lego Book! I wanted this! Thanks guys! Best gift ever!
Holy cow it's the Lego Book! I WANTED THIS! Thanks!



Also, I got some cans of Lilt, the delicious and refreshing light pineapple-grapefruit soda from England. It is deeeeelicious!
Hooray! I also got some Lilt from England. BEST SOFT DRINK EVER.



Then, we had our picnic lunch! Everyone is having sammiches and crisps.
Everyone is having sammiches and chips!



Wow, the picnic ants are really well organized this year.
Wow, these picnic ants are well organized.



I think the ants may have come straight from this cartoon to my picnic:
Picnic ants



Then, there was delicious birthday cake! Just my size!
Then there was delicious birthday cake!



Shelly was a wee bit suspicious because it was noty a fish cake.
Shelly was a little suspicious because it was not a fish cake



I sent him an invite weeks ago, but Iron Man was still too busy to attend my birthday picnic. That's okay, because Miss Potts sent me these cool plates for my party! Thanks, Pepper! Thanks, Shellhead!
Iron Man was too busy to attend, but he sent some neat plates. Thanks, Shellhead!



And on the way home he saw a car that I could afford. Well, I'll put it on my wish list for next year. Thanks for coming to my birthday celebrations with me!
On the way home we saw a car I could afford



Want to experience the exciting birthday celebrations of a little stuffed bull? Well, you can! Here's all the links you need to walk in my hoofsteps! (Warning: watch out for that dog poop on Fourth Avenue. I missed it but I wanted to make sure you did too. Oooh, wow, sorry about that. Here's a stick, I'm sure that'll scrape right off.)
Also, this stuff!:




9 comments:

BoffoYuxDudes said...

Happy Birthday Bully! Prawn Crisps sound very interesting....

Applications Inc. said...

Happy 6th Birthday Bully!

Glen said...

I'm glad someone likes prawn crisps. Does Bully know that you can get that on a Pringle (and they've got soft-shell crab for Shelly!)?

See http://www.flickr.com/photos/engelcox/4580733295/

S Bates said...

They're prawn *cocktail* crisps, people. Not prawn crisps. You also get the taste of that lovely cocktail sauce. Yum!

And I haven't had Lilt in years. Aah, the totally tropical taste (in England!?!).

Hmmm... that Lego book looks interesting.

Anonymous said...

Hey, we have a birthday in the same month! Hope yours was an awesome one.

Eden said...

Sounds like a delightful way to celebrate a birthday.

I used to love trying new sodas. Don't tempt me with magical British ones.

Christian Zamora said...

What an adorable birthday, Bully. I wish you have many many more. Congratulations!

SallyP said...

Picnics are always fun. Birthday picnics are even more so!

Bill D. said...

Were the ants singing a catchy song? If so, they might have been the colony from those episodes of Garfield and Friends. But whatever the case, happy birthday!