Monday, August 15, 2011

Also, the true name of Doctor Doom? Lan Stee.

Hey, wait a minute...did the recent Power Man and Iron Fist miniseries really introduce a neo-Nazi villain thinly named after 1980s Power/Fist artist Kerry Gammill, or am I just seein' things?


from Power Man and Iron Fist (2011 series) #5 (Marvel, July 2011), script by Fred Van Lente, pencils by Wellinton Alves, inks by Nelson Pereira, colors by Bruno Hang, letters by Clayton Cowles

W...wow. Just wow. I mean, I guess it's a homage. On the other hand, was the name Killy McHitler already taken?

Confusingly, it turns out that "Gerry Kammill" is still a crook, but at least he's not a racist swastika-wearer. Whew! Well, that's a relief for all the Gerry Kammills of the world, huh?



Unhh, Marvel? Altho' I've long wanted to be portrayed in your comic books, you can leave me out of this type of homage. I don't wanna see you portraying the next Hate-Monger as "Cowy, the Small Plush Cow!"

3 comments:

Hoy Murphy said...

You missed Jo Duffy (Joseph Duffy), who was the writer for Power Man and Iron Fist when Gammil was the artist.

Hoy

Suzanne de Nimes (suedenim) said...

Jo Duffy's the hardest-workin' man in comics!

(Actually, she's a girl....)

Bully said...

I completely missed the Jo Duffy reference--thanks, Hoy!

And Sue, I thought Terry Austin was the hardest working woman in comics! (hee hee!)