Friday, September 30, 2011

Let's all go to the movies / At the New York Film Festival

Sorry for no comics-related post tonight, folks, as I've been in Movies Oughta Be Fun! mode over the past week...I've been attending the prestigious and pleasant New York Film Festival as a reviewer! You can tell because I have my "press" badge on. Or maybe that just means I need to take my shirt to get ironed.




There are many fine films to see by important directors from around the world! Unfortunately, they have chosen not to screen my submission, the eight-hour video opus Bully Plays with Toy Cars. I guess I'll have to edit it down to YouTube length first.




My best friend John is writing reviews of some of the films for our pal DB over at Unseen Films. He and I highly recommend Aki Kaurismaki's Le Havre (click here to read John's review), and we were both slightly baffled by Nicholas Ray's experimental We Can't Go Home Again (click here to read John's review). And many of the other NYFF movies are being reviewed by DB. You can find all the New York Film Festival reviews here!

If you're in New York, New York (the city so nice they named it New York), why not check out some of the great films at the NYFF? You can see some critically acclaimed alternative cinema weeks before your snooty neighbors and then talk it up to them from now until Oscar season! Who's rubbing shoulders with Martin Scorsese now, guy next door?

If, on the other hand, you need to see Gone with the Wind with me and Shelly the Little Otter Puppet once again, then click here or on the picture below, because you know you can't see Gone with the Wind with two cute little stuffed animals often enough!



Until then, see you at the movies!


2 comments:

Elayne said...

Oh, how exciting, Bully! You tell John if he plans to screen any movies at the Dolby Theatre at 1350 Avenue of the Americas he should contact me and maybe we can grab some lunch or something.

BrooklynCow said...

Yis! I love moooooovies!