Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Fudge Judge 2: The Fudgening

He's back from his first amazing appearance...The Sensational Character Find of 1961! By popular demand*, once again I bring you, straight from the Court of Chocolate and the Tribunal of Toffee, that Lord Chief Justice of Lusciousness, the Deputy of Deliciousness...the man or woman we all call...

FUDGE JUDGE!



FUDGE JUDGE?!!



FUDGE JUDGE!!!


Tootsie Roll Fudge ads from Batman #150 and 151 (September and November 1962) and The Brave and the Bold #45 (December 1962-January 1963)


Coming next time: Fudge Judge, Jury and Executioner!

*No one has actually demanded this.

6 comments:

-- MrJM said...

Consider it retroactively demanded.

Blam said...

I'm not sure what creeps me out more about that military officer — the fact that he looks eerily like Howdy Doody or the obvious blood spatter on his uniform.

BillyWitchDoctor said...

Please don't judge my fudge! Nooooo! is a line I'll have to work into my next big MLP clopfic*.

*JUST KIDDING.

Austin Gorton said...

It's funny, because I've never before considered Tootsie Rolls "fudge".

Like, there's fudge, which comes in big blocks and numerous flavors and is really good, and there's Tootsie Rolls, which share some flavors with fudge but are otherwise unremarkable little pieces of candy, and the latter is not the same as the former.

In hindsight, I guess yeah, if one was going to use a generic type of candy to describe Tootsie Rolls, I guess "fudge" is the closest thing, but I'd never before made that connection.

So thanks, Fudge Judge!

Glen said...

Shouldn't that be Judge Fudge, the US counterpart of Judge Dredd, known for his ability to stop perpetrators through the use of little known legal rulings?

Blam said...

I never really thought of Tootsie Rolls as fudge either, Teebore. Come to think of it, they're more like a chocolate (or "chocolate") version of salt-water taffy. I haven't had one in years, but I remember them being essentially fun because they were small and they were candy and I was a kid but they weren't actually all that good and it was easy to lose interest in chewing them once you'd sucked out that plasticky flavor.