Sunday, January 12, 2014

Today in Comics History, January 12, 1991: Happy birthday, HAL


from 2001: A Space Odyssey graphic novel (Marvel, 1976); script, pencils, and colors by Jack Kirby, inks by Frank Giacoia, colors by Jack Kirby and Marie Severin, letters by John Costanza

Which means he died at the age of ten. Kinda sad, huh? Don't worry: he got better!


from Marvel Super Special #37 [2010] (Marvel, 1984), script by J. M. DeMatteis, layoputs by Joe Barney and Larry Hama, finishes and colros by Tom Palmer, letteres by Rick Parker

One of the ways you can tell that Dave was properly dismantling HAL: HAL gets the square root of pi wrong. It's actually 1.77245385090...

There. I think that qualifies me for "World's Nerdiest Blog" for today.

1 comment:

Blam said...

When did the lazy dog get fat? I mean, I guess I can see how that would happen, being lazy, but...