Saturday, August 19, 2017

365 Days of Defiance, Day 231: With a rebel yell, he cried, you're not stopping this ship

At last Luke Skywalker is up against an Imperial who has more sense and fighting abilities than the usual misshooting Stormtrooper: Sergeant Kreel, the guy so bad he's named after a fishing basket. Will Luke give up the rebel spirit against Kreel?


Panels from Star Wars (2015 Marvel series) #25 (January 2017); script by Jason Aaron, pencils and inks by Jorge Molina, colors by Matt Milla, letters by Joe Caramagna

Heck no. Not in a Star Wars story! Well, one published by Marvel at least.


Say, what sort of grade do you think Sergeant Kreel will get for his performance review by his boss>


4 comments:

eric said...

Great to have you back, Bully.

tomg said...

Yes, welcome back! I've missed reading your blog updates!

Blam said...

Life is life is life is life is life, but I'm glad you're able to share fun stuff with here once again as well. Please, Bully and John, don't hesitate to drop me a line for any reason. As to the comics at hand, I guess this is partly the point but it sure is weird seeing/reading a Stormtrooper act/talk like that, especially as I'm barely even passingly familiar with the Star Wars comics, prose, or animated series.

Bully said...

Thanks everybody -- I honestly appreciate it. You guys are the reason I still enjoy doing this, and although I don't seem to be able to get to the long, wordy posts of the past, knowing you're checking in on these (late as they are!) is a big picker-upper.

In short, you've made a little stuffed bull very happy. And my pal John too! Thanks!